Monday, July 27, 2009

Top Ten Things I Love About My Katie

Top Ten Things I Love About My Katie on her 3rd birthday
10. I love how she agrees with you even when she has no idea what you're talking about ("Yeah, that's my favorite too.")
9. I love how she's Captain Obvious...always stating what we already know, but for her it's like she's just discovering it. ("Wow, that is really loud.")
8. I love when she wants me to pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist her and her arms around my neck.
7. I love when I'm lying on the couch with a blanket, and she says, "Want to cuddle?" She doesn't even wait for me to answer, she just climbs in next to me and pokes me with her bony body a thousand times so I don't want to cuddle anymore. :)
6. I love when out of the blue, without warning, she reaches over and kisses me. When I look over at her, she's got a giant smile on her face.
5. I love the pouty face she makes when she doesn't get her way, and she wants sympathy. (Don't think it's going to work on me, Little Missy, I taught you that look.)
4. I love the way she smiles at me when I get home from work or I pick her up at school.
3. I love when I kiss her goodnight, she intentionally wipes it off because she wants to be showered in kisses. I know this because if I leave without covering her face in kisses, she yells through the door, "Mommy, come back, I wiped off your kiss."
2. I love how after her prayers every night she thanks Jesus for the little things I don't think of. She starts by saying, "Thank you Jesus for..." and she specifically names every person in her life, and ends with things like "outside, the water, ducks, and Great Grandpa's boat."
1. I love how when we've only been apart for a short time, like a couple of hours, she runs over to me gives me a hug and whispers in my ear, "I missed you."

**Disclaimer: There are a lot more things I love about Katie, but these things stick out the most in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment