Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Memories and Katie-isms

I always get a little depressed when I think about the fact that I have a 4-year-old. I love watching her grow and learn, but part of me misses the little lady I brought home from the hospital. I know I've traded in some things for others. For example, I can't really "hold" her like I used to, but we cuddle when I read books to her at night and I tuck her in. I love that I can have an entire conversation with her, and I don't have to try and guess what she wants (some times this is more of a curse than a blessing.) I truly love the little lady my baby is growing up to be. I know I'll get to experience this all over again when Mackenzie gets here, but I just don't want to miss a moment with Katie.

That being said, Katie had some words she created over the past year. Some of them have come and gone already, but some have stuck. I absolutely love them! I don't want to correct them because they represent who she is.
Word=Katie-ism
zoo=jungle
cracker=crackra
bacon=macon
yesterday=lasterday
computer=puter
Reesee=Nutrigrain bar
restaurant=rancharant
bathroom=bathtub room
popsicle=posicle
sucker=socker
hushpuppies=hot puppies
Kleenex= nose wipe
M&Ms= num 'n nums
wasps=wops
umbrella=brella
pine cone = pine corn
nasty=actually nasty

1 comment:

  1. those are so cute and funny! You will be very glad you have those written down one day.

    ReplyDelete