Friday, July 27, 2012

I love it when...






As my oldest child turns 6, I reflect my life since she's entered it.  She's about to start first grade, and she's had so many milestones.  Just this past year, she learned to read, she lost 2 teeth, she learned to tie her shoes (and her friend's shoes), she can swim to the bottom of the pool, she can swim the length of my parent's pool without taking a breath.  These may seem trivial to you, but to a kid her age...it's a big deal.

As I lay in bed last night, I thought of all the things I absolutely love about this kid. So, I thought I'd call this post, I love it when..
-I wake her up, and she says, "Mommy, can you wait just a minute and cuddle with me."
-she begs to stay up late so I can read her Junie B. Jones.
-she is so excited her blue eyes sparkle.
-she wakes me up because she's had a bad dream and I have to cuddle with her in her tiny twin bed (I just know this won't last forever.)
-she smiles at me, and she says, "Mommy, I love you."
-she kisses me goodbye every day at school, and right now, she doesn't care who sees her.
-she helps me in the kitchen.
-she asks if she can clean.
-she laughs so hard she snorts.
-she wants to be a girly girl.
-she has great manners.
-she smiles at me.
-she winks at me.
-she's sick and wants me to cuddle with her and take care of her. (I don't like her being sick, but I like her needing me.)
-she reads me a book.
-she makes me art.
-writes me a note.
-I love her zest for life.



I love everything about her. I feel like having her in my life makes me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment