Thursday, October 22, 2009

Potty training

So, after our trip to the State Fair, I started potty training with a vengeance. I discovered Katie was playing us all. She could stay dry all day at school, but she would never go at home. I spoke with some friends at school. Katie is fascinated with art. I knew I had her when I told her she could change the color of the water in the potty. I bought food coloring and got to work. Katie was practically potty trained in 4 days. We have an occasional accident here or there, but nothing like we used to. She now wears panties all the time and is very aware of her capabilities. When she has an accident, I think it's because she finds it inconvenient to stop what she's doing to go to the bathroom. I know this because she never has accidents at school, daycare, or out in public...only at home. Oh well, I'm glad this chapter of our life is closed. This was the hardest thing I ever had to conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment