Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Swine Flu

Swine Flu has taken over the Martin household. Saturday morning, I started to feel a little puny. Maybe like I was having a bad day with allergies. By mid-day I was convinced I needed a little Advil Cold and Sinus. We went to the Horton's for football and had a good time, but I never felt myself. Sunday I had a horrible head cold, but no other real symptoms. Late Sunday, I had a low-grade fever. I was sure I could beat it by morning and head into work. When my alarm woke me on Monday, I just wanted to check my temp to make sure I was good. My 99.5 had risen to 101.2 so going to work wasn't an option. I did on-line check-in at CareNow. Within 2 hours, I got seen by a doctor and tested for flu. Sure enough it came back positive. They said it was the Swine Flu since it wasn't the seasonal flu time yet. I spent most of the day sleeping and lying around. I woke up at 3:30 when school called to see if I could return. I told them I was still running a fever, and I couldn't. Right after I hung up the phone, mom called saying Katie was running 101.1. I called Dr. Harmon and they got her scheduled for 5:30. By 7 PM, they had tested her for flu, Swine Flu, and Strep. She tested positive for Swine Flu. Dave and Katie didn't get home until 8 PM. We had brats and hot dogs for dinner. I got Katie ready for bed (after her meds). Next morning, Dave woke up with a fever. He went to CareNow and tested negative for the flu. He had bronchitis. Now, he'll stay home tomorrow with Katie and I can go back to work...which is good. After a while of lying around the house, I start to get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment