Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is it time?

It seemed like a normal Sunday. Dave and I headed to the car wash to get our cars cleaned before the baby got here. While we were there, I started having contractions. They finished our cars when my contractions had been 4 minutes apart for 45 minutes. We dropped Katie off at my parent's house, and we headed to the hospital. They took me into triage at about 12:40 and checked me. They hooked me up to the monitors, and started checking my vitals. The nurse informed me that I was at 2 centimeters, but I had a good contraction pattern. She also told me that Dr. Wiegman was unavailable, and if I delivered, Dr. Peppler would deliver the baby. I told her that I needed Dr. Wiegman there, and she said he wouldn't be available until 7 AM the next day. So, at that moment, I prayed that we could wait until he could deliver. We walked, we sat, we read, we texted...after 3 hours, we were released. The nurse said that she wouldn't be surprised if we returned later that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment