Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mackenzie is here


Dr. Wiegman scheduled an induction for 5 AM on Tuesday, Aug. 24, which was 10 days early. He had a vacation to Colorado that he would be enjoying on my actual due date, and he wanted to avoid another 8 pound baby. We arrived at the hospital about 10 minutes early, and the nurses immediately put me in a room. We hung out for about an hour waiting for IVs and fluids to get set up. At about 8:30 Dr. Wiegman showed up to break my water. He told me that I could have an epidural at any time. At about 9:15, I asked Tara, my labor and delivery nurse for an epidural. By 9:30, the anesthesiologist had shown up and administered the best drugs ever. Labor progressed slowly, but since I was under drugs...I drifted in and out of sleep. By 3:30 PM, Tara said that Dr. Wiegman was on his way, and everything should go pretty fast from there. If I remember correctly, Dr. Wiegman showed up at 3:50. I pushed like 3 times, and she was here. Mackenzie was born at 3:55 PM. She was 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. She had jet black hair and a tiny cry. She is one of a kind. She does look a lot like Katie did except with black hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment