Sunday, December 13, 2009

The day finally came....Dave's Graduation



It was a day Dave and I had waited for what seemed like forever. Dave started at UTA the spring after I had Katie. Most of his TCC credits didn't transfer even though he had his associate's degree. Well, Dave and I had many disagreements about this day. I thought it would be a great lesson for Katie, and I felt that we had sacrificed a lot for him to finish school (without a doubt the best thing we did.) He wanted to finish, and I totally supported him. I wanted him to walk the stage when he announced he was graduating in December. With lots of prodding from family and friends, Dave walked the stage at UTA on December 13. I will never forget this day. Dave, I am so proud of you and love you more than you will ever know. I don't think you know how much this meant to me. Did I mention that Dave was a first-generation graduate?

No comments:

Post a Comment