Saturday, December 5, 2009

THE Gingerbread House

I'm all about creating holiday traditions. Katie loves doing holiday activities. So, I saw an adorable kit for a gingerbread house at Target, and I thought, "How hard could this be?" Boy, was I wrong. It took almost 30 minutes just to get the stupid rock-hard cookies to stick together. Katie kept asking when she could add the candy. We started letting her decorate. The house quickly deteriorated like a mobile home purchased with FEMA funds. I will post a picture of what it looked like about 2 minutes before the whole thing collapsed. Katie did enjoy eating the candy as she assembled it. I know that's the important part, but Dave does not desire to make one of these again...for a long time.
P.S. Our model did not turn out like the picture on the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment