Thursday, January 7, 2010

"It's Game Day, Baby!"


This was a day I'd waited for a long time. I hadn't been to a Longhorn game since the fall of 2001. I couldn't wait to see the Longhorns play in person again. Dave had gone with Brad this past fall. You have to truly "bleed orange" to understand what it's like to be a Longhorn football fan. I don't like the NFL..this is the sport I live for. I was nervous and psyched about the game. We were going in as underdogs, and 'Bama was definitely a favorite. I learned many things from my trip to the Rose Bowl. 1. 'Bama fans are nice (except for the white trash woman that was really rude on the street.) 2. They are also classy. They dress up in crimson, and this hideous black/white checkered stuff. They turn EVERYTHING into black/white checks. 3. Don't leave your seat unless it's an emergency because the tunnels at the Rose Bowl are tiny, and they only let so many people through. 4. Don't depend on one player, like Colt McCoy to get you through, or it will end in disaster. 5. Nick Saban runs up the score and has no class. 6. Drunk people in the restroom are jerks (poor Brad.) 7. You have to wait in line FOREVER to go to the bathroom. 8. The feeling of being at a National Championship game is like no other you've ever had before. 9. Even though, we lost, I still had a great time in Pasadena and LA. 10. I'm so glad I got to share that experience with my wonderful hubby, and my 2 best friends, Brad and Lisa.
Dave and I right before the game started. The pre-game show was amazing. Josh Groban sang the national anthem, and Naomi from the Private Practice sang America the Beautiful. Then, these parachute guys arrived, and that was incredible.
The game started shortly after that. Colt got injured, and the rest is history. Gilbert Garrett played a decent game, but he just didn't have the experience to pull of a win. I would summarize the game here, but I personally can't do it justice like Brad can. We have been told many times (and by many 'Bama fans) that if Colt stayed in the game, we would have won.

No comments:

Post a Comment