Friday, January 8, 2010

The Day After

This is how we started our final day in LA. Brad and Dave had their post-game moment. Then, we got started on the road toward the Ronald Reagan Memorial Library.
This seemed like a perfect photo op because it had Dave's name, of course.
We had lunch here. We were craving Tex Mex, and this is as close as you get in California.
We got to the Ronald Reagan library. I'm not a history buff. I always had fond memories of Ronnie as a kid. I don't remember the media bashing him much, but maybe I was just too small. He always seemed like a kind fella. I enjoyed getting to know more about him. It was nice.
R.I.P Ronnie
We drove up the coast and stopped on the beach just before getting to the Santa Monica pier. This is my favorite photo of our entire trip.
After our short visit to the beach, we headed to the Santa Monica pier to eat dinner. Where could you possibly get better food than Bubba Gump's? Brad is famous for his, "Mama always said..." jokes, so this really took the cake on our last night.

Cali was great, but we were all tired, and I was ready to return home to my Katie. So the next day, we got ready and headed to the airport to head back to DFW.

No comments:

Post a Comment