Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hysterical Musings of a 4-year-old

I've enjoyed Katie's company during my maternity leave. Most of the time, she keeps me calm and entertained. She is full of hysterical stories and theories. I'm going to post some of our latest conversations that I've found the most funny.
Conversation #1:
(Scene: I am trying to feed Mackenzie her bottle. Kenzie keeps shaking her head getting milk all over her face and spitting it out at me.)
Katie: Mommy, she doesn't want that.
Me: Oh really, how do you know?
Katie: I just know. Give her your boob.

Conversation #2:
Scene: Driving past the Ft Worth drying beds right after it rained
Katie: Hey, do you smell that?
Me: Yeah, what do you smell? ( I expect her to say poop.)
Katie: Um, it smells like breastmilk. (I have no idea where this answer came from.)

Conversation #3:
Scene: In the kitchen making dinner. Dave comes home, and I'm trying to get him to notice that I'm finally wearing regular clothes (not maternity)
Me: Hey Dave, do you notice anything different?
Dave: Umm...(thinking)
Katie: Yeah, Papa has boobs.

Conversation #4:
Scene: Family is sitting at dinner table and we are discussing show-and-tell this week. Katie has to bring something for the letter E.
Katie: What could I bring?
Me: You could bring your favorite princess' husband.
Katie: I could bring Prince Eric.
Me: Yup.
Katie: Prince Eric (the imaginary one) is in my room taking a nap. He's sleeping in my bed. He's sick.
Dave: Oh really? Where will he sleep when it's time for you to go to bed?
Katie: He's going to sleep with me. Don't worry, he won't cough on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment