Thursday, September 23, 2010

Poor Pug!

Every one that knows me knows that I call Pugsley my oldest child. We adopted Pugsley on the one-month anniversary after we got married. He was a total spaz of a puppy, but we fell instantly in love. The family we adopted him from didn't want him anymore. Last Saturday, I noticed a tiny red mark on his eyeball. It only got worse. Wednesday I took him to the vet. They said that it looked like an ulcer, but I needed to go see a veterinary opthamologist (I didn't even know those existed.) I took him the next day, and yes, he has a corneal ulcer. The ulcer has penetrated his entire cornea. We are treating it with 6 antibiotics. If they don't cure it, they will do surgery, which I really don't want. Here is an up-close shot of his eye.
The red outer circle is his eye's way of protecting the ulcer. The ulcer is the tiny mark to the left of the giant red mark in the circle. I need to take another pic. His eyes are looking better, but the ulcer isn't gone. We go back in a week for a re-check.

No comments:

Post a Comment