Monday, October 4, 2010

Katie's 4 Year Check-Up

I took Katie for her flu shot last Thursday. I got a little bit of a talking to because I was supposed to bring her in for a check-up and some shots. Apparently, there was a miscommunication. I tried to make light of it with the nurse, but she didn't seem to find my jokes funny. So, Katie and I headed to Dr. Harmon's office. She weighed 43 lbs. 8 oz, which is the 90th percentile. She is 40.75 inches tall, which is the 95th percentile. So, she is tall for her age. The doc said according to the computer she is 7 pounds over weight. I told him that I needed him to find it. I don't see one pound of fat on that kid anywhere. I already knew she was tall for her age. She's wearing size 6 clothes. That's the size for most kindergarteners. We discussed her asthma. We are trying a new approach to avoid trips to the ER and many sleepless nights. We got a rescue inhaler, and Katie will receive a stimulant called Pulmicort from her nebulizer daily to prevent major issues. She probably needs to take an allergy med daily also. We'll try this and see if it works. To top things off, Katie got 6 shots. I know, crazy huh? She stayed calm for the first 4, and then she lost it. I have no real pics because I was trying to concentrate on all the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment