Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas #1 (at Pat's)

Sis pic
Kenzie and Grandma (love the hair)

I personally am beginning to wonder why there is always crappy weather on Christmas Eve. Last year was the torrential snowstorm, and I thought we were going to get stranded in Weatherford. This year, it was like 20 degrees warmer, but it rained most of the day. Katie loves going to Grandma's to play with the kids. Of course, the presents were a bonus. She's at the age where it's all about the presents. Last year, she loved the thought, but she still didn't really understand. This year, she felt like she truly understood the meaning of Christmas for kids, gifts. Katie was a little disappointed that not everyone was there ready to play with her when we arrived. We ate delicious tacos around 3:30, and then it was time for presents around 4:30...Katie's favorite part. It's kinda crazy at Pat's. All 11 grandkids find a spot near the tree and wait while 2 kids pass out all of the presents. Then, mass hysteria ensues while all the kids rip into their gifts simultaneously as tissue paper and gift wrap flutter to the floor so much faster than it should. I was watching Katie like a hawk and had my camera ready. Then, the moment approached. She had a giant present in front of her, I knew this was the one. I heard a high-pitched scream and, "Aaaah, my walking puppy." Here is what I got.
Kenzie wasn't much into Christmas, as I expected. Katie enjoyed opening Kenzie's gifts almost as much as she enjoyed opening her own. She also enjoyed playing with Kenzie's as much as playing with her own, as shown here.
All good times come to an end. Katie started to get cranky, and we had to head home and get ready for Santa. We really did have a great time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment